In this on-demand* online course, textile expert and sewing instructor Katrina Walker shares her in-depth knowledge about wool. Build confidence and skills for sewing with this versatile natural fiber through her trouble-shooting advice and easy-to-follow tutorials.
*This course is on-demand. You have immediate access to the content. There is not a course schedule to adhere to or a specific time you need to set aside for learning. You have a full 12 months to view the content.
- Learn how wool is shorn from the sheep, cleaned, carded, and spun into yarn which is then woven into fabric.
- Understand the qualities and types of wool fabrics, including jersey, twill, and bouclé.
- Master seams, hems, and specialty finishes.
- See how to match the wool textile to garment type.
- Assemble the best tools for sewing wool.
- Learn how to prepare, cut, and stabilize wool.
- Discover expert tips for pressing and shaping wool with steam.
- Burn test chart: A handy reference to identify fabric fiber content based on the flame, scent, and ash produced by burning a small swatch.
- Pressing advice: A step-by-step article explaining how to pad seam allowances to prevent show-through on the wool projects you sew.